Indications: Shen Disturbances, Heart Heat, Liver Attacking the Heart. Adaptogenic and nervine-type herbs have traditionally been used to normalize the stress response to life's challenges. Because stressors cannot always be eliminated in life, your ability to adapt to stressors well can have a huge impact on your overall health and wellness as stress has been linked to every chronic disease known. Adaptogenic herbs have also been used to help address stress from changes in weather, stress from moving, or changes of environment.
Featuring withania somnifera, known commonly as ashwagandha, or Indian ginseng!
Related Article: Learn how Chinese medicine addresses stress
Note: Organs mentioned are energetic organ systems according to TCM, not western medicine.
Withania somnifera root - ashwaganda - certified organic
Acanthopanax senticosus root - wu jia pi -certified organic
Foeniculum vulgare seed - xiao hu xiang - certified organic
Schisandra chinensis fruit - wu wei zi - certified organic
Lavender officinalis flower - xun yi cao – certified organic
Melissa officinalis herb - níng méng you cao - certified organic
Althaea officinalis root - marshmallow - certified organic
Avena sativa herb - yan mai cao - certified organic
Herbal Powder General Information
Serving Size:1 gram
Servings Per Container: 100
Bottle lasts about a month
Directions: Take 1 gram 3X per day or as directed by a health care professional. Please note that 1 gram is generally a bit less than 1/4 teaspoon for most formulas, however, the only true way to measure a gram is by weight.
Other Ingredients: None
Warning: This formula has not been evaluated for use in pregnant or nursing women.
Keep Out of Reach of Children.
Store in a cool dry place 56-82ºF.
More about tea pills and powders
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Formula Break Down
- Withania somnifera root, or ashwaganda is an Ayurvedic adaptogenic herb that is protective and regenerative to the nervous system with calming qualities for the mind while rejuvenating to the body.
- Acanthopanax senticosus root, wu jia pi, or eleuthro (formerly Siberian ginseng) is in a class of herbs called "adaptogens" used to better adapt to emotional and environmental stressors.
- Foeniculum vulgare seed, xiao hu xiang, or fennel seed nourishes the Liver and promotes digestibility of formula.
- Schisandra chinensis fruit, or wu wei zi
- Prunella vulgaris herb, xia ku cao, or self heal soothes Liver-Heat.
- Lavender officinalis flower, or xun yi cao "calms the Spirit" according to Chinese medicine and relieves Heart Qi constraints.
- Melissa officinalis herb, níng méng you cao, or lemon balm soothes and restores nerves, promotes clear thinking, Calms the Spirit, and breaks up Heart Qi constraints.
- Althaea officinalis root, or marshmallow aids with the absorption of formula.
- Avena sativa herb, yan mai cao, or oat straw is a sweet, warm herb that is neurorestorative, neuro-nourishing, and neuro-harmonizing.