Yin Tonic - Lui Di Huang Wan modified - Six Ingredient formula with Rehmannia
Related Article: Learn the symptoms of Kidney Yin Deficiency
Note: Organs mentioned are energetic organ systems according to TCM, not western medicine.
Rehmannia glutinosa prepared root - shu di huang- certified organic
Dioscorea opposita - Shan Yao - certified organic
Poria cocos - Fu Ling - certified organic
Plantago asiatica - Che Qian Cao - certified organic
Schisandra chinensis fruit - wu wei zi - certified organic
Polygonum multiflorum root - he shou wu - prepared (cured) fo ti - certified organic
Paeonia lactiflora root - bai shao - white peony - certified organic
Elettaria cardamomum fruit - bai dou kou - certified organic
Scrophularia spp. herb - xuan shen - certified organic
Lycium chinense fruit - gou qi zi - certified organic
Sesame indicum seed - hei zhi ma - certified organic
Althaea officinalis root - marshmallow - certified organic
Herbal Teapill General Information
Quantity-4 oz./114 gr. - Approximately 1000 teapills
Bottle lasts about 5 weeks
Serving Size: 8 Teapills
Servings Per Container: 125
Directions: Take 8 teapills 3 times per day or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Other Ingredients: 30% Certified Organic Brown Rice Flour
Warning: This formula has not been evaluated for use in pregnant or nursing women.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Keep Out of Reach of Children.
Store in a cool dry place 56-82ºF.
More about tea pills and powders
Formula Break Down:
- Rehmannia glutinosa prepared root, shu di huang, or Chinese foxglove root cooked in rice wine nourishes Blood, Kidney Yin, and Essence (Jing) and enters the Heart, Kidney, Liver energetic organ systems.
- Althaea officinalis root, or marshmallow root is a western herb with Yin demulcent qualities that aids the absorption of the formula.
- Paeonia lactiflora root, bai shao, or white peony root is used to preserve Yin, soothe the Liver, nourish the Blood, and reinforce the Wei Qi.
- Lycium chinense fruit, gou qi zi, or goji berries is used to build Blood and is used with patterns of Blood and Yin Deficiency, and Essence (Jing) depletion. Goji is specific for Yin and Blood Deficiency relating to Liver Yin Deficiency, Kidney Yin Deficiency, and Lung Dryness.
- Polygonum multiflorum root, he shou wu, or fo-ti is a major Chinese herb used for Yin, Blood, and Essence (Jing) Deficiency of the Liver and Kidney energetic organ systems. Also extinguishes Internal Wind.
- Sesame Indicum seed, or hei zhi ma is a Yin tonic that nourishes Kidney Yin and Liver Yin while clearing Deficient Heat caused by Yin Deficiency.
- Schisandra chinensis fruit, or wu wei zi enriches Kidney Yin and binds the Essence (Jing).
- Scrophularia spp. herb, xuan shen, or figwort herb and root is used creatively to clear Heat in this formula as well as nourishing Yin.
“Effects of the Chinese Herbal Formulation (Liu Wei Di Huang Wan) on the Pharmacokinetics of Isoflavones in Postmenopausal Women,” Wirin Limopasmanee, Sunee Chansakaow, Noppamas Rojanasthien, Maleeya Manorot, Chaichan Sangdee, and Supanimit Teekachunhatean, BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, Article ID 902702, 8 pages, 2015. doi:10.1155/2015/902702
"Metabolomics study of hematopoietic function of Angelica sinensis on blood deficiency mice model." Li PL1, Sun HG1, Hua YL1, Ji P1, Zhang L1, Li JX1, Wei Y2.J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 May 26;166:261-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2015.03.010. Epub 2015 Mar 20.
"The effects of Liuwei Dihuang on canonical Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in osteoporosis. Xia B1, Xu B2, Sun Y2, Xiao L3, Pan J3, Jin H4, Tong P5." J Ethnopharmacol. 2014 Apr 11;153(1):133-41. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2014.01.040. Epub 2014 Feb 12.
"Comparative pharmacokinetics of catalpol and acteoside in normal and chronic kidney disease rats after oral administration of Rehmannia glutinosa extract." Zhao M1, Qian D1, Liu P1, Shang EX1, Jiang S1, Guo J1, Su SL1, Duan JA1, Du L1, Tao J1. Biomed Chromatogr. 2015 May 29. doi: 10.1002/bmc.3505.
"Hot water extracted Lycium barbarum and Rehmannia glutinosa inhibit liver inflammation and fibrosis in rats." Wu PS1, Wu SJ, Tsai YH, Lin YH, Chao JC. Am J Chin Med. 2011;39(6):1173-91.
"Goji (Lycium barbarum and L. chinense): Phytochemistry, pharmacology and safety in the perspective of traditional uses and recent popularity." Potterat O1. Planta Med. 2010 Jan;76(1):7-19. doi: 10.1055/s-0029-1186218. Epub 2009 Oct 20.