Indications: Blood-Phlegm Stagnation with resulting Phlegm nodules, Wei Qi insufficiencies.
Note: Organs mentioned are energetic organ systems according to TCM, not western medicine.
Astragalus embranaceus root - huang qi - certified organic
Ganoderma lucidum fungus - ling zhi - reishi - certified organic
Salvia miltiorrhiza root - dan shen - certified organic
Ascophyllum nodosum herb - kun bu - certified organic
Arctium lappa root- go bo - certified organic
Trifolium pretense herb - san ye cao - herb certified organic
Rumex acetosella herb - certified organic
Citrus aurantium peel - zhi shi - certified organic
Prunella vulgaris herb - xia ku cao - certified organic
Foeniculum vulare seed - xiao hu xiang - certified organic
Althaea officinalis root - certified organic
Quantity-4 oz./114 gr.
Approximately 1000 teapills
Bottle lasts about 5 weeks
Serving Size: 8 Teapills
Servings Per Container: 125
Directions: Take 8 teapills 3 times per day or as directed by a health care professional. Contra-indicated in pregnancy and for those with bleeding disorders. Not intended to be a replacement for chemotherapy, radiation, or conventional medical treatments for cancer care. As always, check with your doctor before starting any new diet, excercise, or supplements program.
Other Ingredients: 30% Certified Organic Brown Rice Flour
Warning: This formula has not been evaluated for use in pregnant or nursing women.
Keep Out of Reach of Children.
Store in a cool dry place 56-82ºF.
More about tea pills and powders
Formula Break Down:
- Astragalus root, or huang qi, supports the Wei Qi and is a Qi tonic herb. It is a chief fortifying herb reinforcing defenses and nurturing vitality and wellness. Astragalus can sometimes be found in health food stores as a single, but is traditionally used as part of a larger synergistic formula in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
- Ganoderma lucidum fungus, ling zhi, or reishi mushroom supports the Wei Qi and has been utilized in Asian medicine for centuries as a longevity herbal.
- Salvia miltiorrhiza root, dan shen, or red sage root is a long known rejuvenation herb that breaks up Blood Stagnation.
- Ascophyllum nodosum herb, kun bu, or seaweed has been used throughout the ages in traditional Chinese medicine to dissolve nodules or growths.
- Arctium lappa root, go bo, or burdock root is one of the chief herbs used in Essiac formula as a "cleanser"; in Chinese medicine, it removes "Toxic Heat".
- Trifolium pretense herb, san ye cao, or red clover is used much like burdock root and is also a main ingredient in Essiac tea.
- Rumex acetosella herb, or sheep sorrell is in the dock family and helps to point the other herbs to area requiring attention. It is also an ingredient in Essiac Formula.
- Citrus aurantium peel, zhi shi, or bitter orange peel helps to resolve Liver Qi Stagnation and to help with digestion and absorption in this formula.
- Prunella vulgaris herb, xia ku cao, selfheal, or heal-all is used to clear toxic Liver Heat in TCM.
- Foeniculum vulare seed, xiao hu xiang, or fennel seed helps to soothe the Liver and helps addresses digestibility of all the herbs in the formula. This sweet anise or licorice tasting seed is used in Italian sausage, and is served after Indian cuisine.
- Althaea officinalis root, or marshmallow root, is a Yin tonic herbal and addresses absorption in this formula.
"The mushroom Ganoderma lucidum suppresses breast-to-lung cancer metastasis through the inhibition of pro-invasive genes." Loganathan J1, Jiang J1, Smith A1, Jedinak A1, Thyagarajan-Sahu A1, Sandusky GE2, Nakshatri H3, Sliva D1. Int J Oncol. 2014 Jun;44(6):2009-15. doi: 10.3892/ijo.2014.2375. Epub 2014 Apr 9.
"Ganoderma lucidum inhibits proliferation of human ovarian cancer cells by suppressing VEGF expression and up-regulating the expression of connexin 43." Dai S1, Liu J, Sun X, Wang N. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014 Nov 5;14:434. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-14-434.
"Astragalus polysaccharide promotes the release of mature granulocytes through the L-selectin signaling pathway." Zhang PP1, Meng ZT2, Wang LC2, Guo LM3, Li K2. Chin Med. 2015 Jul 3;10:17. doi: 10.1186/s13020-015-0043-z. eCollection 2015.
"Compound Astragalus and Salvia miltiorrhiza extract suppresses hepatocellular carcinoma progression by inhibiting fibrosis and PAI-1 mRNA transcription." Rui W1, Xie L2, Liu X3, He S1, Wu C1, Zhang X4, Zhang L5, Yang Y6.J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151 (1):198-209. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2013.10.022. Epub 2013 Nov 15.
"Clinical characteristics of gynecologic cancer patients who respond to salvage treatment with Lingzhi." Suprasert P1, Apichartpiyakul C, Sakonwasun C, Nitisuwanraksa P, Phuackchantuck R. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15(10):4193-6.
"Compound Astragalus and Salvia miltiorrhiza extracts modulate MAPK-regulated TGF-β/Smad signaling in hepatocellular carcinoma by multi-target mechanism." Boye A1, Wu C1, Jiang Y1, Wang J1, Wu J1, Yang X1, Yang Y2. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Jul 1;169:219-28. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2015.04.013. Epub 2015 Apr 29.
"Astragalus saponins modulates colon cancer development by regulating calpain-mediated glucose-regulated protein expression." Wang Y, Auyeung KK, Zhang X, Ko JK1. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014 Oct 15;14:401. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-14-401.
"Astragaloside IV inhibits progression of lung cancer by mediating immune function of Tregs and CTLs by interfering with IDO." Zhang A1, Zheng Y, Que Z, Zhang L, Lin S, Le V, Liu J, Tian J.
"Korean medicine therapy as a substitute for chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer: a case report". Lee DH1, Kim SS1, Seong S1, Kim N1, Han JB1. Case Rep Oncol. 2015 Feb 10;8(1):64-71. doi: 10.1159/000375292.
"Mycotherapy of cancer: an update on cytotoxic and antitumor activities of mushrooms, bioactive principles and molecular mechanisms of their action." Popović V1, Živković J, Davidović S, Stevanović M, Stojković D.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.